Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools hosted the annual REACH Georgia Signing Day Ceremony on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 in the Jenkins High School Auditorium.
Family members joined students on stage to sign contracts signaling their intent to meet the requirements of the program. REACH Georgia is a needs-based mentorship and scholarship program that begins in 8th grade.
REACH Scholars are paired with a mentor and an academic coach through middle and high school. Scholars must maintain good grades (2.5 GPA), behavior and attendance through middle school and high school. Scholars who successfully complete the program and graduate from high school are awarded a $10,000 scholarship ($2,500/year) that can be used at any HOPE-eligible institution in Georgia.
The scholarship is in addition to any other grant or scholarship the student receives.
Congratulations to these 2022-2023 REACH Scholars!
- Christian Thomas – Georgetown K-8 School
- Deserae' Cary – Hubert Middle School
- Donavan McClain – STEM Academy at Bartlett
- Dylan Hansen – Savannah Classical Academy
- Eva Solomon – New Hampstead K-8 School
- Jonasia Plummer – Rice Creek K-8 School
- Mekhi White – Myers Middle School
- Melvin Cornelius – Mercer Middle School
- SeanPreston Matthews – Hesse K-8 School
- Shamari King – Isle of Hope K-8 School
- Zuleika Avelino Moreno – Coastal Middle School
See more photos from the ceremony here.