WBL Course Overview:
The purpose of work-based learning is to provide rising juniors and seniors the opportunity to connect what you learn in school with work-site applications to enable a smooth transition into the work force and/or postsecondary education after graduation from high school.
WBL Course Goals:
• Increase student awareness of career planning.
• Inform students of the increasing complex world of work.
• Assist students in developing appropriate attitudes about work.
• Provide students with a safe and educationally sound work environment, while insuring that student learners receive adequate compensation for their efforts.
• Provide the opportunity for learning useful employability skills on real jobs under actual working conditions.
• Help students to recognize how they can prepare for and advance in the workplace.
• Empower students to think critically and for themselves.
• Reinforce basic skills in communications and human relations.
• Provide a realistic environment in which the student may explore interests/abilities.
• Assist students in the development of good work habits, attitudes, appreciation and respect for work necessary for individual maturity and job competence.
• Expose students to an additional learning situation for developing marketable skills.
• Assist students in fulfilling responsibilities at the training location and classroom responsibilities in an efficient manner.
• Require prompt completion and maintenance of all necessary forms/reports related to employment.
• Assist students in the development of appropriate dress, promptness, and courtesy in the workplace.
If you are interested in joining and learning more about the program for Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022, please click WBL Application and additional information will be provided. You can also email Mrs. Rhonda Roberts at Rhonda.Roberts@sccpss.com.